‘Because of’ should not be used to modify a sentence in the future tense, since it is a logical fallacy to impute a cause to something that is not (yet) true. Rather, a construction such as ‘due to’ or ‘owing to’ should be used, or the sentence should be rewritten to be more clear.
- iwouldratherbbc reblogged this from goesbycaptain
- goesbycaptain reblogged this from minionier
- hikimado likes this
- pastoraleglantine likes this
- papiercollant likes this
- future-less-vivid likes this
- llamacorn07 likes this
- booleanearth said: Ah, you guys read Language Log. Awesome.
- minionier reblogged this from wonkistan
- wonkistan posted this