Hurricane Madness Wishlists!
We are not of the “God is punishing us” school of meteorology, even if in this election season it feels like we’ve earned it. Nevertheless, there is a certain appeal to apocalyptic mania as big storms approach. Ivan has been nervously eyeing Capital Weather Gang, and Amanda has been enjoying the National Weather Service’s all-caps forecasts (NEW YORK BIGHT. COMMA HEAD).
If it turns out that we will, in fact, be sequestered in our houses for several days, here’s what we plan to get done.
- Write letters to all those whom I owe correspondence
- Get through another chapter-and-a-half of Persian grammar (the subjunctive is coming!)
- Fill out my absentee ballot
- Make progress in Братья Карамазовы (in Russian) and maybe the Tawfiq al-Hakim novel that’s been sitting on my shelf
- Improve my handwriting [Edit from Amanda: Lol]
- Rig the fireplace for powerless cooking
- Put bourbon in stuff
- Atone for America’s sins
- Script ten-minute presentation on realismo mágico en español
- Read House of Leaves, The Casual Vacancy, Paradise Lost, and/or the four books of Southern literary criticism I impulse-grabbed at the library
- Figure out my spring courses
- Re-read Jane Eyre with my patented three-color annotating technique
- Properly listen through Ben Folds Five’s new album
- Make fun of Ivan for trying to improve his handwriting in a weekend
- Wear all the flannel
- If the power goes out, make a video about how much I wish I could tumbl [al Rohan]
- lightandedges likes this
- pooooge likes this
- whathappenedtocharlotte likes this
- geekerrific reblogged this from wonkistan and added:
- philip-thenickel likes this
- shakes1327 said: Sounds like too much fun. I want a hurricane weekend!
- future-less-vivid likes this
- pflugerville said: plz describe Amanda’s “patented three-color annotating technique” in detail
- catherineaddington said: “atone for America’s sins” “realismo mágico en español” I LOVE YOU BOTH
- wonkistan posted this